Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year and happy 2 month b-day to Audrey! Yesterday, we celebrated the New Years at my in-laws, we planned to put Audrey down to bed there, but she was not having it. I think she just knew we were trying to have a party without her--needless to say she has been sleeping for most of the day today.

Overall, Audrey is a good baby, she really only gets fussy when she is hungry or when she is tired--she tries soo... hard to stay awake. She sleeps well through the night, usually only waking up one time between 3-5am to feed (this is nice because it usually gives us at least a 5 hour chunk of sleep). I think being on formula helps her sleep, because I can actually see/chart how many oz she eats. At first I was sad I wasn't able to breast feed, after 2.5 week of constant pumping, tube feeding while at the breast, every 2 hours, etc. it just wasn't happening--After some ppd I finally realized it wasn't about me, but it was about what was best for Audrey--not only getting the adequate nutrition, but I was a better mom 'attitude wise', I wasn't upset because I wasn't able to breastfeed. Brandon has been the best dad EVER and helps out all the time. The only downside to not breastfeeding is that I have not been able to lose my pregnancy weight as fast. Last week I finally got the ok to go back to the gym--it has been nice to go back, but I always feel a little guilty because I have to leave Audrey and go. I have decided for the next 6 weeks, I will go to the gym and not feel bad about it (w/ support from Brandon).

New Years Resolution:
--Eat Healthy
--Stay Active
--Get Ready Everyday (I love sweats and not being able to fit into my per-pregnancy clothes, makes me sad, and so I result to sweats and feel like a 'scrub'--I have decided if I take the time to get ready everyday, then I will feel better about myself)

Family Goals:
--Be a good mom
--Food Storage: http://www.provident-living-today.com/Bulk-Food-Storage.html
--Baby 72 hour kit: http://www.wannabecrafty.com/2011/09/infants-72-hr-kit.html
--Take Pictures
--Scrapbook, Journal, and/or Blog (just keeping a personal record)

Church Goals:
--I would like to attend the temple more regularly
--Keep up with the Sunday School Lessons and read ahead of time
--Fast Offerings

Here's to the new year: 25 lbs to lose :/

No comments:

Post a Comment