Friday, November 11, 2011

Stats...

Audrey had her first 'normal' doctor's appointment yesterday and got a clean bill of health. She isn't quite up to birth weight yet, but she had a lot more playing catch up to do. The doctor wasn't worried.

She is still a long a skinny girl: Length: 20 in (50%) Weight: 7 lb 1 oz (20%) Head Circumference: (20%)

I can't believe November is already almost halfway over, it doesn't help either that it's holiday season and Christmas is upon us. My husband and I are going to be boring this year and not decorate (we have no decorations); however, we have a trip to Crate and Barrel planned for the day after Christmas to buy some ornaments--I figured we have to decorate next year with a little one, and why not wait buy stuff 50% off.

Speaking of Christmas, I feel like every year people start decorating earlier and earlier, and the holiday music on the radio starts earlier and earlier. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, I would never decorate before Thanksgiving, but it does put a smile on my face (I love the holiday season), and so far the weather around here has been wonderful (we are actually getting a 'fall' without a lot of rain). I found this comic the other day and thought it was pretty funny.

I am not a fan of Thanksgiving, I like what the holiday teaches, and I like to think about everything I am thankful for, but as far as the Thanksgiving feast, I do not like it. I am a very 'plain' eater (my husband once criticized me for wanting a piece of boiled chicken). I would be happy with dry turkey and a plain baked potato with some basic steamed veggies. But... of course you add stuffing and gravy and butter and milk to the potatoes and weird stuff to the veggies... GROSS... This is just me, most people love it.

Today I am off to write my Christmas list and Audrey's Christmas list (her list is very practical--i.e. a bumbo seat, highchair, jumperoo, etc.). My list is usually very technical, I practically do the shopping for everyone (we decide a budget and I shop for my gifts online and then write where you can get them and for how much); however, this year, I am being a little more spontaneous. This is mainly due to the fact I want/need new clothes, but don't know what size I'll be... Lots of gift cards are on the list. Maybe I should make my list via pinterest...?

I plan on getting Audrey's nursery done this weekend and post pictures (we were just waiting on a picture of her to print on canvas and hang up)

No comments:

Post a Comment